Quick – we want you to do an exercise for us.
Think back to the last time you performed an online search. Whether it was just a few minutes ago or days ago, think about the actions you took when you performed that online search.
As soon as you entered the term you were searching for in the search bar and clicked “Enter,” did you end up looking at all the results on the first page of that search? Or did you get the relevant information you need at the very top of the page, so you didn’t bother scrolling down?
If your search engine behaviors limit you to the first page of search results (or even the top three spots on that first page), guess what – you’re no different than the vast majority of people you use online searches.
While this information is great news for figure out online behavior, it’s also bad news for real estate agent websites that have yet to crack the first page of Google search results. Because let’s face it – if you’re not on that pivotal first page, leads in your area aren’t going to find you.
So how can you slowly crawl to that pivotal top spot in real estate SEO rankings?
First, Understand the Point of SEO
Before you can begin to dominate real estate SEO rankings, it’s important to understand why SEO is so important in the first place. Sure, you know it controls your search engine rankings – but why do search engines care if you’re following certain rules?
Search engines like Bing and Google want to ensure they’re delivering the best possible results to their audience – otherwise, they’re not going to use the search engine again. That’s why they need a quick understanding of what your website is all about, how it’s relevant to specific keywords, and if it’s going to meet the needs of a person at that given time.
In other words, it’s all about ensuring a search engine user is finding the best, most relevant content possible in the shortest amount of time.
That’s why search engines have imposed so many rules that websites need to follow if they want to climb up those pivotal rankings; otherwise, they’ll get lost in the online black hole. While these rules change over time – and search engine hosts – the general rules of SEO rankings are as follows:
• Provide timely and relevant content to your users. Search engines use bounce rates and other metrics to determine if users are getting what they need from your site. If your real estate website has a high bounce rate – in other words, visitors are leaving almost as soon as they land on your site – it’s a strong indicator that you’re not providing the most relevant experience to your users.
• Identify the keywords your audience is most likely using to find your website. This is a time-tested SEO strategy; however, it’s important for real estate agents not to go overboard with keyword stuffing, as this could actually work against your SEO rankings. Plenty of sites have stuffed keywords into their content to rank highly, only to bombard visitors with irrelevant content. Use keywords in a way that you would during a natural conversation; search engines like Google really respond positively to this.
• Upload fresh content to your website on a regular basis. That’s why so many real estate agents and entrepreneurs have blogs connect with their site, as it’s a great way to add fresh content without having to modify the website every time. Plus, real estate agents benefit from having new listings, which provide endless opportunities for fresh new content.
These guidelines are by no means the final word on SEO rankings; however, they’re meant to be an overview of the most consistent SEO rules that have survived years of search engine algorithm changes. If you stay on the right side of these rules and guidelines, your quest for better search engine rankings should be off to a great start.
But It Doesn’t Stop There
Of course, anyone who’s serious about optimizing their SEO rankings is already using the above strategies. That means there’s a lot of competition for you to bust your way through – and right now, they’re all using the same information as you.
That’s why you need to use these secret strategies for dominating real estate SEO results. Implement just a few of them on your website, and you’ll transform your site into a lean, mean, lead-generating machine:
• Ensure that your images are properly optimized. As a real estate agent, there’s no denying that your website is awash in visual content. After all, the very nature of your job means you need to show off pictures of new home listings whenever possible.
That’s why, if you’re not optimizing these images with keywords, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to dominate SEO rankings. If you’re adding these images to the site yourself – and kudos if you are – you’ll notice that there are plenty of fields you need to fill out. From the alt text to the picture description, make sure your text is filled with the keywords your audience is using to find you. Like with all SEO copy, don’t go crazy with keyword stuffing, as this can actually work to your detriment. Write as you naturally would, while ensuring your best keywords show up a few times. If you do this step with every picture on your site, you’ll end up skyrocketing up those search engine rankings.
• Think about becoming a thought leader: See what we did there? Puns aside, search engines – especially Google – love it when people write authoritative content on the same subjects. Eventually, these people are regarded as “thought leaders,” or experts in their particular subjects.
If there’s a topic or subject you’re particularly passionate or knowledgeable about (or hopefully both!), focus a majority of your content on this topic. Bonus points if you can align it in such a way that it directly appeals to your audience members. For example, if you love finding the best mortgage deals in your area, share this expertise. Eventually, search engines will start directing your audience right to your website.
• Make sure your website is mobile-friendly: We’ve talked about this time and time again – if your site isn’t mobile-friendly, you’re cutting off a huge demographic who’s searching for homes on their smartphones. What’s more, more than 80% of top Google search engine rankings consist of websites that are mobile-friendly. Make sure your site accommodates both website and mobile visitors, as this can play a huge role in your SEO success.
• Create landing pages based on certain niches in your market: Landing pages are a great way to collect contact information from prequalified leads. However, if your landing pages are generalized, you might end up accidentally eliminating a large number of leads who might not think you serve their particular market.
That’s why you should create multiple landing pages for the different markets that your real estate agency serves. You can base these markets on towns you work in, types of homes you sell, and even rental listings. The point here is that you’re serving different markets while increasing your online presence, which makes it much more likely that you’ll get a significant SEO boost.
These techniques are all great ways to enhance your online visibility; however, they do require some technical knowledge to execute. What’s more, SEO either takes months to implement, or it takes a huge amount of time and effort to make those search engine charts move. It certainly takes up a major time commitment. As a busy real estate agent, you might not have the time or technical talent to implement these solutions…
And that’s precisely why you should partner with a service like Excida.com.
Get SEO Support and Dominate The Search Engine Charts
Don’t struggle through the SEO process by yourself – because making a mistake could end up costing your real estate business serious leads. If you want to turn your real estate website into a lead-generating machine, then it’s time to partner with Excida.com. Our nuts-and-bolts services can provide you with critical real estate website design – including mobile-responsive design, SEO marketing, and social media content – as well as ongoing support for any other website changes you might want to make in the future. From blogging and lead capture to social media and beautiful site designs, only Excida can help you take your real estate website company to the next level, so you can focus on what truly matters…
Building a successful real estate agency.
Discover where your real estate website will take your business in as little as a few days. Discover Excida.com today!