Installing the Software
Installing the software is generally very easy, but can be intimidating if you are new to web sites. This page will guide you through the process.
In order to get started, you will need a few basic things, which we have listed below.
- Web hosting provider – we recommend BlueHost.
- Unzip program – we recommend WinZip or 7-Zip.
- FTP client – we recommend CuteFTP or FileZilla.
- Download the software from the Client Center under the “Downloads” tab.
- Unzip the files to your computer using an unzip program.
- Upload the files to your web host using an FTP client. The files should be uploaded to the directory you wish to run the software from, e.g., the root directory (so it’s accessed at www.your-domain.com) or a sub directory, such as realestate, if you wish it to be accessed from www.your-domain.com/realestate).
NOTE: In step #4, the URLs specified are examples. You will need to substitute them for your actual domain name and directory.
Setting up the Database
TIP: You can create a new database from CPanel or other web hosting control panel. Please contact your web hosting provider for additional information.
- Create a MySQL database, username, and password. Save this information for later.
- Grant full permissions/privileges for this newly created username to access the database.
NOTE: Some web hosting providers, such as GoDaddy, require you to use a specific host to connect to the database. Most use “localhost.” If this is the case, please contact them for the specific host to use or search your control panel for the answer.
Using the Automated Installer Wizard
TIP: The installer wizard will automatically check to see if you can proceed with installation. If not, please follow on-screen instructions.
- Go to http://your-domain.com/install/ to continue. If you installed the software in a sub directory, you would go to: http://your-domain.com/sub-directory/install/
- If you see any errors, please correct them by following on-screen instructions or contacting your web hosting provider. If you see any errors relating to ionCube or a blank page, please request that your web hosting provider enable ionCube for your account.
- Enter in all required fields and continue to populate the database.
- Delete the /install and /docs directories and proceed to your new installation.