98% of Agent Sites are Basically a Disaster
We’ve reviewed thousands of real estate agent websites over the years. Nearly all of them are missing a few or more vital components for lead conversion and branding. Many of these are easy to fix, while others may require development work and others may truly require and full site redesign. At any rate, if you are on the look out for some low hanging fruit for your current real estate website and aren’t quite ready for a full revamp, here are some things EVERY real estate agent website should have:
- Your home page MUST pass the 5 second test (its should be instantly evident that you are a buying and selling agent and what area you serve)
- Your listings should be displayed on your home page – if you don’t have enough current listings, show recent ones too
- Your listing links should not take visitors to another website, make sure listing page are indexable by Google
- Have a map of your listings on your homepage – this gives instant credibility and informs the visitor of the area you cover
- Have a contact form on your home page
- Your home page should have your personal photo
- All of your pages must include a clear Call-To-Action (CTA), this applies to blog posts, property listings and even info pages
- You need an active blog on your site – sorry no exceptions, outsource it if you must
- Your website must be accessible on tablet/mobile devices
- Your email address & phone number must be listed in the header of your website
Nice to Haves:
- Video testimonials on your homepage – especially important if you are a newer agent without loads of listings
- Have a list of upcoming open houses – gives credibility as a selling agent
- Make sure that your blog posts aren’t the generic non-area specific ones we see on so many agent blogs. These add no marketing value and you are probably getting penalized by Google for duplicate content penalty without even knowing it.
- Your site design look should not look even a bit out of date – 2-3 years max
- Personal name branding – if the “Remax” brand is more prominent than your own name, it simply won’t convert as many leads
How do I get my site in the top 2%?
First of all:
- It’s WAY easier than you think
- It’s WAY less expensive than you think
5 Steps to the Top 2%
- Simply tell us your existing website url.
- We’ll visit you existing website and determine the effort required to convert your site to our platform.
- We’ll send you a detailed quote including optional add-ons
- If you select us, we’ll do all the work for. We’ll only ask for your feedback and approval at the various stages of the process.
- Your new site is launched and ready to convert more leads and win more deals!